RE: Adobe Illustrator.....why?

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Mon, 18 Jan 1999 16:53:44 -0700
 To:  "hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org" <hwg-graphics(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 12:21 PM 1/18/99, Diana Aguayo wrote:
> Take a look at the the base drawings for the fireplace and
> GIF animation I created in Illustrator for my christmas page at
> http://pages.prodigy.net/mira/xmas/fireplaa.gif.
> I don't know that it would have been possible in any other program,
> and the brick fill came in especially handy.

I suspect this would be faster to create in Fireworks... you can do the
drawing, and the coloring, and the animation, and the compression, all in
one place. You can then change the size of the fireplace grate and
instantly export the new version.

Helps with that text-on-a-curve mentioned elsewhere, too.

(For the original question, PostScript tools help in creating
resolution-independent drawings. They're easy to scale, or to print on both
72dpi devices and 1200dpi devices. Some drawing tools are used mostly for
isolated pictures exported elsewhere, some are full graphics production
tools for package design, maps, brochures, and more. For web graphics, most
people use Illustrator for text-on-a-curve and rough layouts, before
exporting it elsewhere.)

jd

Offlist email risks capture by the spam filters! I may not see your